http://www.onementhcs.co.za/wp-content/uploads/2017/09/logo.png 0 0 HCS Admin http://www.onementhcs.co.za/wp-content/uploads/2017/09/logo.png HCS Admin2016-09-29 07:55:392016-09-29 07:55:39Lemony chicken skewers, herbed new potatoes & apple coleslaw
- 2 skinless, boneless chicken breasts, cut into bite-sized cubes
For the marinade
- 50ml low-fat natural yogurt
- juice and zest ½ lemon
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1 tbsp finely chopped tarragon
For the herbed new potatoes
- 300g new potatoes
- 1 tbsp rapeseed oil
- ½ tbsp finely chopped parsley
- ½ tbsp finely chopped mint
- ½ tbsp snipped chives
For the apple coleslaw
- 100ml low-fat crème fraîche
- 1 tsp wholegrain mustard
- juice 1 lemon
- 100g fennel, trimmed and roughly grated
- 100g small white cabbages, cored and finely shredded
- 1 carrot, roughly grated
- 1 sharp Green apple, such as Granny Smith, grated
- If you are using wooden skewers, soak them in water for 10 mins. Heat the grill to high and place a non-stick baking tray beneath it. In a large bowl, mix the marinade ingredients, then add the chicken, turning it to ensure it is thoroughly coated. Cover and set aside.
- Put the potatoes in a large pan of boiling water and cook until a fork easily pierces them – about 12 mins. Meanwhile, mix the oil and herbs in a small bowl.
- While the potatoes are cooking, make the dressing for the coleslaw. Mix together the crème fraiche, mustard and lemon in a large bowl. Add all the vegetables and the apple, and stir well.
- Drain the potatoes and return them to the pan. Pour the herb mixture over them, stir gently to mix, cover to keep warm and set aside.
- Finally, divide the chicken between 4 skewers and place on the hot baking tray, spooning excess marinade over the chicken. Put the tray under the grill and cook for 6-8 mins, turning the skewers every 2 mins or so to ensure even cooking. Cut open a piece of chicken to ensure it’s cooked through. Serve with the potatoes and coleslaw, reserving half the coleslaw for Smoked mackerel platter (see ‘goes well with’).