http://www.onementhcs.co.za/wp-content/uploads/2017/09/logo.png 0 0 HCS Admin http://www.onementhcs.co.za/wp-content/uploads/2017/09/logo.png HCS Admin2016-09-29 07:54:032016-09-29 07:54:03Butternut soup shots with crispy pancetta soldiers
- 8 slices pancetta
- 2cm-thick slice white bread, cut into 8 chunky soldiers
- splash olive oil
- 850ml-1 litre butternut squash & sage soup soup (see ‘goes well with’)
- drizzle cream and a few snipped chives, to serve
- Heat oven to 220C/200C fan/gas 7. Wrap a pancetta slice around each soldier. Toss with a little olive oil and bake for 5-8 mins until crisp, turning halfway through cooking.
- Reheat the soup, then divide evenly between 8 espresso cups or large shot glasses. Serve drizzled with cream and sprinkled with chives, with a crispy pancetta soldier for dipping.